Monday, May 18, 2020

How Technology Changes Our Life

May 18, 2020

     I believe technology has changed our lives and reshaped the way we live it. I love technology most of the time, but I also get frustrated with it also. Technology has created a whole new world and brought endless opportunities.

     Technology is used by teachers to enhance their lessons. They can make the lesson more interactive and interesting for students. Technology has changed the way we communicate. I believe technology has made it easier to communicate anywhere and anytime but because technology has become so easy we tend to neglect a face to face conversation with our family and friends. Technology has diversified the entertainment world. We can download our favorite music on the internet and watch movies online instead of going to the move theater. I believe medicine has changed with the use of powerful equipment and technology.

     In one of the videos I watched there were adults and children talking about what they did for fun as kids. All of the adults talked about all the fun outdoor activities they did as children. The younger kids talked about how they constantly need technology to have fun. I found myself relating to the older generation because when I was younger I did not have technology like they do now. I was always outside playing. Now I am raising my kids with all of this technology. Most of the time I do not have to argue with them about technology because they love to be outside playing and I am glad. In the other video, it shows how technology has hijacked family dinners. I agree that technology has and that is why any time my family eats at the table all electronics are off. I believe this is a great time to interact with your family.

     In conclusion, there is no doubt that life has become easier with the use of technology. I believe technology is relevant in every area of our lives.

3 comments:

  1. Technology is at our fingertips. Like you said, it is so easy to just download music and movies. I love going to the movie theater, but sometimes it is more convenient to just wait and download it at home. We are now missing out on family time, because when I put a movie on at home I’m usually doing something around the house. I do need to start going more to the movies. It is sad to think that all the younger generation is missing out on playing outside. Technology is a great thing, but needs to have its limits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of the things you mentioned that technology dose I hadn't even thought about. We get so use to using these means of technology we forget that we ever lived without them. Teaching PE I used a lot of technology that wasn't around even 10 years ago, but for me it was all I knew so realizing it wasn't that handy before my time sure makes me appreciate the good that has come from new things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your reflection, Katie! I completely agree with you on the fact that there are definitely pros and cons with technology. I believe technology is meant to be for the good and benefit the world but people are overusing and abusing it therefore leading to the con side of it. Communication and entertainment are the two biggest areas that I see technology affecting people for the worse. Technology has benefited the communication world by allowing people to talk to others all over the world more conveniently than mailing a letter. But, it has also affected so many people when it comes to face to face communication. Some don't know how to carry on a conversation in person, only through technology. That to me is truly said. As for the entertainment side, the first video showed a great example of what technology has done to the generations over the years...

    ReplyDelete

TPACK Lesson Plan

TPACK Lesson Plan Mrs. Winters 3 rd Grade Class Lesson Plan: Science-Endangered Species Overview: The purpose of this lesson is to te...